A Blended Family from Andover, MN Loves Their Estate Plan
Mike and Shari are Andover, Minnesota clients with a blended family and are very happy with the estate plan they created with Roulet Law Firm. Shari had experienced the probate process due to the passing of a family member and found it to be slow and painful, and loves that the trust she created can bypass the probate system. She loved the process of preparing their trust: "...It's painless. I highly recommend doing it as soon as you can."
Transcript of video:
Q: And with your estate plan, you have a blended family - correct? Do you want to just chat about that a little bit.
A: - They're grown.
- I have two children - grown.
- So when we go up North, we're always afraid, What if something happened? Who would take care of our estate? Who would get along the best? And so we came here and decided, first we had to decide who was going to be our executors. And then we started the trust process, finally after talking about it quite a while, a couple years. And it's painless. I highly recommend doing it as soon as you can.
Q: How would you describe the experience of working with us overall of working with us?
A: Great. For me, especially in today's world when you contact a lawyer or a firm there's always that trust factor, which is normal for most people, but in this case I sleep easy at night knowing that you did this process for us. I have complete trust in you.
Q: Would you say that we seemed concerned about you and your family as we were working throughout this process?
A: - Very genuinely, yes.
- Anything that we did not think of, which was quite a bit, you always have the answers or you suggested it for us so I feel we have a thorough experience, not just half-way. We have everything we need. I feel very comfortable about it too.
Q: Do you feel like we designed a plan that will work when your family needs it?
A: - Absolutely. Every time we drive up North now I feel a little bit better. Not that we're going to have anything happen[...]
- It's nice to know that if something happened to us that the children would not have to go through the stress of trying to gather everything, what to do, when everything is kind of laid out for them now, plus being able to contact you in case they have questions. It's stressful enough when people pass but it's a lot easier to know that that legal end of stuff is already taken care of.
Q: What would you say is the most important thing that we accomplished for you with this process?
A: - Just making it easier to understand. There's a lot of legal things and that's a large packet[...]I do feel like I understand it and I can actually give it to my children to implement and they will understand it. And we can always come back to you if we don't and if they don't.
- And the process was put down in layman's term, not legal jargon which most people would have a hard time with that, but this was real easy. Sweet.
Q: Would you recommend us to others?
A: - Definitely.
- Absolutely. I do it every time someone says, "I need a lawyer." I've got your card right here.
Q: Is there anything you'd like to share with us about the process?
A: - It was simple, it was easy. It was very easy. It wasn't stressful, it wasn't complicated. The biggest thing is just you need to gather all the information and even that wasn't as hard as, say, applying for a mortgage or something else with the banks. It was just a very pleasant experience.
- I concur.
- Highly recommended. Especially if you have a blended family--you don't want leave those kids out there in the cold just wondering what to do. I think it's really important. All the legal things we have done with you Chuck have been just wonderful. They really have. I feel very comfortable here. I don't feel like I'm sitting on pins and needles. Everything that we've done with you has been plain and honest and up front and very easy.