Roulet Law Firm is available to help parents create plans to help take care of a special needs child.

With a special needs child, it is important to:

1. Leave sufficient assets for your special needs child, either through savings or life insurance, and

2. Put the assets into a supplemental needs trust. A supplemental needs trust is a specific kind of trust that supplements, but does not replace, government benefits. 

If you do not put the assets into a supplemental needs trust, the inheritance would cause your child to lose their government benefits, and they would have to burn through the inherited assets and then have to go back and reapply for government benefits.

Chuck Roulet
Connect with me
Nationally Recognized Estate Planning Attorney, Author, and Speaker